Uncategorised / December 31,2013
NSW Fair Trading Commissioner Rod Stowe has called for barbecue enthusiasts to check their equipment before firing up this season.
Everyone loves a good barbecue but, according to Yahoo! News, LPG cylinders and attached equipment can be deadly if any gas is leaking. Stowe urged barbecue owners to check for appropriate approval marks, as well as wear and tear. He also warned of overloading barbecues and suggested that you avoid placing outdoor gas cookers on dry grass, which can easily catch alight. The Commissioner's request came as an attempt to reduce the number of patio fires seen across NSW. He says the treat of barbecue fires is all too real and should be taken seriously. He strongly recommended that you never use a barbecue indoors, and against placing barbecues in confined spaces or too close to pools and spas. He also cautioned that explosions can arise from leaving cylinders in closed vehicles during hot weather, which would not only leave you unable to cook but also without transportation.
Yes, we’re open.
As an independent retailer, we need your support through these challenging times. We are managing the risks of COVID19 to ensure a safe environment for our staff and customers.
At this stage, all our showrooms remain open for business, but we’d like to assure you that the health and safety of our staff and customers is our highest priority.
We’ve taken all necessary precautions as advised by the government guidelines to ensure that everyone can stay safe – this includes frequent sanitisation and cleaning in showroom.
We’re also implementing social distancing guidelines, instructing employees to regularly wash their hands, and providing access to hand hygiene stations to our customers on entry and exit.
Home has never been so important. We’re here to help you choose the best sofa for you and your family.
We are following all updates to government advice closely. We are dedicated to your health and safety.
Thank you for your support and understanding.