Are you thinking of redecorating the outdoor areas of your home while it's good weather? Get a stylish outdoor living space with these top tips.
- Decking can boost the appearance of an outdoor area and provide additional comfort. If you already have a decked area, simply sprucing it up with a new varnish can restore its good looks and make everything else look more new.
- Use lights to subtly or dramatically alter the atmosphere. Try backlighting plants with solar lighting to add points of interest while still minimising energy use.
- Enhance your garden's privacy with a pergola or screen; these can also provide handy shade. A canopy offers a temporary solution should you want the option to take it down at any time.
- Blur the lines between outdoors and indoors to create a flexible space for entertaining. A barbecue gives you the option to cook outside the kitchen. Sofas and sun loungers outside provide additional comfort for family and guests.
- Consider adding more colour to your pool area. Soft furnishings create a welcoming space and accessories such as beach balls will add to the fun.
- Think about your heating needs to ensure your outdoor space is comfortable enough to use throughout the year - a patio heater or fire pit will add warmth and a focal point so that you can make the most out of your outdoor areas even during winter.